Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Williamhawk
    Blocked

hello,
    New spark plugs, new wires, new distributor(EST), new coil, new fuel pump, new fuel filter and filter housing, new fuel lines and new anti syphon valve at the tank. also checked the breather and ran the engine with the gas cap off. timing is set correctly and will advance to 30 degrees at 3000RPM, (in neutral) I also replaced the carburetor with a new rebuilt unit. The transmission is a brand new ZF63A. I exchanged transmissions between the engines and the problems persists. I checked the exhaust for blockage and can’t find any, the manifolds and elbows are new. I also put a vacuum gauge on it and the manifold vacuum is constant at 21, it will not drop indicating and exhaust blockage and it does not increase to suggest and intake blockage. I switched between fuel tanks and no change.The fuel is fresh,Did a compression check on the engine (twice) and all cylinders have 140psi. I am getting a rattle noise in the transmission so I replaced the damper plate with a new one and the noise continues at low RPMs, goes away after 1200 RPM (probably torsional vibration from the engine) it also shifts very hard, in comparison with the other engine. I have also check the linkage cables and they open the carburetor fully.
    Please help.
    Thanks!
    I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?441459-454XL-lacks-power-and-won-t-rev-past-2800-RPMs

product ad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.