Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Williamhawk
    Blocked

Hi All,

I just made a temporary move from the coast to Nelson, BC from September to July. I brought my Alumaweld Blackhawk and my fishing kayak with me. I was lucky enough to score a lakefront rental about 6 miles from Nelson towards Balfour.

I have committed myself to paddling for an hour every second day, probably first thing in the morning, to keep in shape. Since I’m already out paddling, I figured I may as well spend that hour trolling for Bull Trout or Kokanee or ???. Problem is, I haven’t fished on fresh water since I was wee lad with a bobber and worms.

I don’t have a downrigger on my kayak. Can anyone suggest a good set-up that might give me a fighting chance while trolling in a kayak or am I just wasting my time?

Can anyone suggest a set-up for fishing in my Alumaweld w/downrigger? Same as fishing for spring or chinook?

Full disclosure: I still have to look up the regs for the west arm of Kootenay lake…

Thanks All!

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.
    References:

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/kayak-trolling-on-kootenay-lake.67385/

Product Demo Animation

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Williamhawk.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.